Saturday, January 7, 2012

For some reason this chair would not stay in the trash!

              My first attempt at this at this type of project...

This chair was in my son's room, he used it as his game chair. Need I say anymore. Well it has shoe polish spilled on it as well as various foods and beverages! Several times I have sat it in the hallway or in the garage to go out with the trash...but it never seem to  make it!

 
 So I gathered the tools that I thought I may need... along with some $2.00 a yard material. I got 2 yards.

Then I took the seat off, I did not remove the material, I was afraid to tackle that. I placed the seat on the fabric and cut it out. Pulled it tight and begin to tuck and stable it with the staple gun.
                                                                                 
   So as you can see, that was not too tough...

       I continued with replacing the seat of the chair and working on the back. I removed the cording (the trim) around the fabric. You may choose to do it differently, but I stapled the fabric to the back of the chair first and then trimmed off the excess fabric with my scissors. Then I covered the old trim with my remaining fabric and for the seat, I added store bought trim, which I glued both with my hot glue gun.   
  SO.....THERE YOU SEE! I intended on using some finish on the hardwood, I just wanted to show you the type that I was going to use, because I have used it on several projects and it really does a great job. So here are my final pics....I even had enough fabric left over to make a small pillow. Needless to say, the chair never made it back to my son's room.

If I can do this, ANYONE can, so instead of getting rid of those old chairs, for a few $$$$$$$ turn them into something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment